Monday, September 29, 2008

Challenges are fun!


So Kelley, of Magneto Bold Too! has issued a challenge: make a post about why I (one of her many, many, many readers) rock. I think that this came at a good time, considering some of my less than happy posts lately.

So, why do I rock?

Well...

I am the mom who never loses the will to fight for her son. I can and will never stop pushing for the best of everything for Jaymes. I'll never stop loving him, even when the rest of the world thinks he is an awful brat, because I know what we have is special.

I'm the mom who can spend day after day listening to screaming and catch the head banging toddler and hold him back from hurting himself... And I pick up and go on with life without letting myself be miserable. Everyone tells me "I don't know how you do it, I'd probably strangle him or put him up for adoption." It's our life, life goes on.

I'm the mom, who even when furious at Jaymes, can't help but plop a squishy kiss down on his little forehead. I'm the mom who can joke about being pooped on, or bled on, or vomited on. I can see humor in the exploding six pack of soda I dropped on the floor, and stand there whilst being sprayed with Coke, giggling and wondering why Jason looks so upset.

I can go years and years to Jaymes' therapies, watch him make no progress, and still know one day he will, and all will be as it should.

I grew up a horrible pessimist, and yet now I am the eternal optimist in our household.

And that, my friends, is why I rock.


------ My god, my ego might need to be beaten back with sticks now! Thank you, Kelley, for this challenge. I needed a boost.

4 comments:

Evergrey said...

Hey Squish, you do indeed rock! :D

Also, not sure what you will think of it, but have you heard about this?
http://tinyurl.com/54xkm6

A Slice of the Pie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I think Kelley did a bunch of us a favor because when we gave in and humored her, she was right. We do rock

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are me and your boy is Boo!

You rock. You know it. Own it and shake it baby!

Amber DBTD said...

Well, your Boo is exceedingly cute, as is Jaymes. Now if only he'd ACT cute too ( :

Thanks for the challenge, Kelley, it was fun. But I fear my readers will now think I've got a big head!