Monday, January 19, 2009

I hate the Special Olympics jokes

People tell them constantly on the forums: "This thread/fight between so and so is like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard." Why? Some sites have even gone so far as to add pics of peoples kids, to illustrate the point. That's just sick, in my opinion. People think I'm a bitch on the boards because I go after them for those jokes, but to me.. I dunno. Jaymes is autistic, different thing... I have no personal stake. It just bothers me.

Anyway, click the link and check out this site. It's got a good message.

r-word.org

2 comments:

Amy said...

I agree with you completely. I'm going to check out that link now.

Kelley @ magneto bold too said...

Boo has been called that.

And then people that I love have used that word, then get all uppity when I ask them not to use it. They say it is just a term of speech, like stupid or idiot. I think differently.

I have never liked that word. Also the Special Olympics and Special school/bus/person references.