Thursday, September 24, 2009

That cool uncle...





This is Doug Pokorney. He was not related to me, but he treated me like family from the first day we met when I was a bratty teenager. He was an amazing guy, a great farrier, and an all around awesome person. Kind of like that cool uncle a lot of people have. My "cool uncle" passed away yesterday after a long battle with cancer. He was a good guy and will be greatly missed. I wish I would have visited him in NY more often.

RIP Doug, with love from Amber, Jaymes, and Sierra.

3 comments:

Kelley @ magneto bold too said...

Oh sweetie... hugs to you.

That photo shows a man that I would have loved to get to know. What an awesome grin!

Amber DBTD said...

The hugs were second to none!

Jasmine said...

I am very sorry to hear.
Memories are a nice thing to hold on to. RIP.